Below are the instructions and information on applying for a West Virginia State Government job for an individual who has been or is a certified permanent employee by either having been previously employed or currently employed beyond the probationary period.
Current State Employees who meet this criteria are eligible for employment through transfer and former permanent State Employees are eligible for employment through reinstatement.
(Note: The previous employee must have been certified permanent in a position in the same occupational group) and may search for available internal positions and available jobs open to the public.
If you have any questions, please contact the WV DOP at 304-558-3950.
SEARCH AVAILABLE JOBS
Internal Promotion/Transfer Application Process
- Search job postings for current and former employee promotion and transfer job vacancies.
- Qualifying applicants can download the fillable pdf application.
- Complete, print, and save the application on your computer.
- Write the job posting number in the upper left hand corner of your application.
- Submit your application to the contact (person or agency) listed on the job posting before the closing date. Do not mail or submit your application to the WV DOP.