Component II - DOP-Policy 18
Instructor: Nicole Michaelis, M.A., M.P.A.
Contact Hours: 6 Hours
note that this is a blended class that includes three online modules, a live
virtual training session, and out-of-class assignments to process, practice,
and reflect. As such, you will need to adhere to the timelines provided
so that you are prepared, and receive credit, for participation in the class.
Do you have employees who are failing to meet expectations? Have you coached them but their performance has failed to improve? Are you providing performance counseling yet conduct-and task-related performance continues to be substandard? If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, then this program is for you. Discipline and Documentation is specifically designed for supervisors and managers who must deal with situations involving poor performance.
You will learn how to:
- Recognize when appropriate progressive discipline should be implemented;
- Properly document significant events and critical incidents;
- Integrate guidelines for creating Administrative Files; and
- Create a Performance Improvement Plan for employees who are not meeting expectations.
Applying the strategies learned in Discipline and Documentation will help protect your interests as well as the interests of your employees, your agency, and the state’s taxpayers. Sign up today and learn the principles you need to more effectively manage employee performance.
Discipline and Documentation - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
|January 3 - 27:
||January 18, 10:00AM - 12:00PM|
|March 1 - 24:
||March 15, 10:00AM - 12:00PM|
|May 1 - 26:
||May 17, 10:00AM - 12:00PM|
|July 3 - 28:||Google Meet:||July 19, 10:00AM - 12:00PM|
|August 1 - 25:||Google Meet:||August 16, 10:00AM - 12:00PM|
|November 1 - 22:||Google Meet:||November 14, 10:00AM - 12:00PM|
Virtual Training Requirements at a Glance*
- Complete three online modules
- Finalize completion of online modules
- Attend Live Virtual Session
- Submit Performance Conversation and Documentation assignment
- Submit Self-Evaluation assignment
*More specific information including instructions, links, and detailed course assignments will be provided at the beginning of the course.