How to Apply for WV State Jobs - General Public
Online application is the fastest, most accurate, and most
convenient way to apply for WV state jobs. The following applicants should
All new (first-time) applicants.
Returning applicants who wish to apply for additional job
Current and/or former State employees who wish to establish
their names on our registers (lists of eligible applicants).
The Online Application Process
1. Search Jobs Open to the General Public – Scroll through to review open jobs.
2. Create a Government.jobs account or view the GovernmentJobs.com
3. Begin building your application
create an account and application profile without selecting a job,
online application will not be visible to us until you Apply for a job title and Submit
for WV State jobs are powered by "GovernmentJobs.com".
4. Return to the
WV State Jobs list - www.personnel.gov.
WV State Government Jobs are not listed on
meet the qualifications for an open position, click the Apply link.
***New*** Online Learning Blast: How to Apply for WV State Jobs
- Complete the Work Experience part of the online
- Do not use "See Attached". Incomplete information could
lower your rating.
- Always include approximate salary for any paid job. If
- Indicate the average number of hours you worked per week.
- Keep your account information (Name, address, phone, Email) up to
Another way to learn about WV state jobs is to attend one of our Job Fairs and Recruitment Events.
Complete an Online Job Interest Card to receive automatic email
notification of new job openings that match your interests.
Students seeking internships, consider applying for the Governor’s Internship Program (GIP)
Staffing Services specialists provide
employment counseling and assessment services
to applicants for all WV state merit system job
Our offices are located on the Fifth
Floor of Building 3 in the State Capitol Complex,
1900 Kanawha Boulevard, Charleston,
Contact us by phone at
JOBS OPEN FOR APPLICATION