Workforce & Community Education Building, 300 Campus Drive • Parkersburg, West Virginia
WRITTEN TESTS: Thursdays at 10:00 A.M. - No appointment is necessary; walk-ins are accepted.
Apply online at http://www.personnel.wv.gov
(no paper needed). Do not send a paper application to our office. Applying online is highly preferred, or you may take your completed paper application with you to the location when you report for testing.
- Seating limit: 24.
- Applicants should report 30 minutes prior to test time; tests begin promptly at the designated time.
Photo identification is required.
All tests have a three-hour time limit.
Information for specific job titles:
Occasionally test centers must cancel testing due to weather, school/facility closure, holidays, or other extenuating circumstances. If WVU Parkersburg is closed, testing will be cancelled. Please check here
on the day you plan to test to make sure the test facility is open.
IMPORTANT: Do not call the test location with questions. Instead, please call the Division of Personnel’s Applicant Services unit at 304-558-3950 extension 1.
DIRECTIONS: Testing is conducted at WVU Parkersburg - Workforce & Community Education Building, 300 Campus Drive, Parkersburg, WV.
Directions to WVU Parkersburg via Interstate-77:
- I-77 to Exit 174
- Turn left onto WV 47 East
- In approx. 1 mile, turn right at the 1st stop light onto Swisher Lane
- Turn left at the 1st stop sign as you enter the campus
- At the 1st left, turn left into the parking lot of the Workforce & Community Education Building.
- Free Parking for those taking the Civil Service test.