501 W. Main St., Room 136 • Clarksburg, West Virginia
WRITTEN TESTS: Fridays at 9:30 A.M. - No appointment is necessary; walk-ins are accepted.
Apply online at http://www.personnel.wv.gov
(no paper needed). Do not send a paper application to our office. Applying online is highly preferred, or you may take your completed paper application with you to the location when you report for testing.
- Seating limit: 20.
- Applicants should report 30 minutes prior to test time; tests begin promptly at the designated time.
Photo identification is required.
All tests have a three-hour time limit.
Information for specific job titles:
Occasionally test centers must cancel testing due to weather, school/facility closure, holidays, or other extenuating circumstances. If the college is closed, testing will be canceled.
Please check here
on the day you plan to test to make sure the test facility is open.
IMPORTANT: Do not call the test location with questions. Instead, please call the Division of Personnel’s Applicant Services unit at 304-558-3950 extension 1.
DIRECTIONS: The Caperton Center is located at 501 W. Main St., Room 136, Clarksburg, WV.
Directions to the Caperton Center via Interstate 79
- I-79 to Exit 119 (Bridgeport/Clarksburg Exit)
- Turn onto U.S. Rt. 50 West headed for downtown Clarksburg
- Take the Chestnut Street Exit
- Go straight at stop light at Chestnut and W. Pike Street
- Turn left at the next stoplight at Chestnut and Main Street
- On the corner you'll see the Seventh Day Adventist Church
- You are now on Main Street
- The Center is on your right
- Turn right at W. Main & 5th. Parking lot is behind the Center
- Free Parking on Fridays for those taking the Civil Service test.