2018 Summer Hours*Tuesdays at 9:00 AM June 12th through August 7th
Resumes Tuesday at 3:00 PM on August 14th
RALEIGH COUNTY ACADEMY OF CAREERS AND TECHNOLOGY
390 Stanaford Road • Beckley, West Virginia
WRITTEN TESTS: Tuesdays at 3:00 P.M. - No appointment is necessary; walk-ins are accepted.
Apply online at http://www.personnel.wv.gov
(no paper needed). Do not send a paper application to our office. Applying online is highly preferred, or you may take your completed paper application with you to the location when you report for testing.
- Seating limit: 25
- Applicants should report 30 minutes prior to test time; tests begin promptly at the designated time.
Photo identification is required.
All tests have a three-hour time limit.
Information for specific job titles:
Occasionally test centers must cancel testing due to weather, school/facility closure, holidays, or other extenuating circumstances. This test center will follow the Raleigh County school system for closure or early out due to inclement weather. Please check here
on the day you plan to test to make sure the test facility is open.
IMPORTANT: Do not call the test location with questions. Instead, please call the Division of Personnel’s Applicant Services unit at 304-558-3950 extension 1.
DIRECTIONS: The Raleigh County Academy of Careers and Technology is located on Route 41 (Stanaford Rd.)
From the north (I-77S/I-64W):
- Take the North Beckley exit to Route 19
- Continue on Robert C. Byrd Drive (Route 19) past the Cross Roads Mall and Raleigh Mall.
- Take WV-16/US Route 19 South (N. Eisenhower Dr.) for 3.3 miles.
- Bear left where US 19 splits with WV-16, and begin looking for the academy.
From the south (I-77N/I-64E):
- Take exit 42 toward Beckley on Route 16 (N. Eisenhower Dr.).
- Continue 2.3 miles to Rural Acres Dr., then turn right onto Rural Acres Dr.
- Continue 0.7 miles, then continue onto WV 41 (Stanaford Rd.) and begin looking for the academy.