A new I-9 was just released by the federal government with minor changes, outlined below. The new form can be found through our website link or directly at the federal government site.
- A new revision date, 7/17/17, is in the lower left corner; it replaces the previous version, dated 11/14/2016.
- After a two-month grace period, you must start using the new I-9 form by September 18, 2017
- Due to an increase of 10,000 new agents to focus on civil and criminal investigations, the number of audits could potentially triple
Revisions to I-9 instructions:
- The name of the Office of Special Counsel for Immigration-Related Unfair Employment Practices is now the Immigrant and Employee Rights Section
- The phrase "the first day of employment," will replace, "the end of."
Revisions to I-9 List of Acceptable Documents:
- In list C, the Consular Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240) was added and can be selected on computer version from drop-down menu and through E-Verify.
- All the certifications of report of birth issued by the Department of State (Form FS-545, Form DS-1350 and Form FS-240) are now combined into selection C#2 in List C.